Wednesday - April. 22, 2015
Help us raise money for Carpenter’s Shelter on April 22, 2015 as part of Alexandria’s Giving Day, Spring2ACTion! Here’s how you can get involved:
You can schedule a donation in advance that will process on April 22nd or make a donation on the day-of by visiting our fundraising page.
2. Become a Free Agent Fundraiser (FAF)
FAFs create their own individual fundraising page for the shelter and invite their friends, family, coworkers, etc. to donate to their page. All fundraisers who raise $500 or more will win 2 tickets to Cook Off. Whether it’s $10 or $100, the gifts can add up and you could be looking at 2 free tickets to Cook-Off on April 26!
Follow these steps to become an FAF. The deadline to become a FAF is March 27th.
3. On April 22nd, post on social media and share with your network how you support Carpenter’s Shelter!
Be sure to attend a day-of event around the city as well:
- Visit Sugar Shack to get a free donut on April 22nd with proof of donation (print or email receipt)
- Boutiques Give Back Day – shop at participating Old Town boutiques on April 22nd and a percentage of your purchase will be donated to charity. Remember to mention Carpenter’s Shelter when you check out or hand stores this flyer.
- Visit Holy Cow, Pork Barrel, or Sweet Fire Donnas on April 22nd, mention Carpenter’s Shelter and 0.25 cents of your purchase will go to the Shelter.
- Attend an After-party at Virtue Feed & Grain the night of April 22nd.
Sunday - April. 26, 2015
The 13th annual Carpenter’s Cook-Off is back on Sunday, April 26th! Cook-Off invites the area’s best restaurants to duke it out for awards and bragging rights. Don’t miss your chance to sample endless tables of delicious food and cast your vote for your favorites.